Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wrinkles in time... and on my face

I complain rather frequently about looking younger than I am; I will be 25 in a few months, but it's not unusual for me to be carded while trying to buy a ticket to an R-rated movie. I've also been carded buying music with explicit lyrics and video games rated M for "Mature." It gets annoying.

The other day, I was buying groceries while Mark browsed in the electronics section of the store. There was a 6-pack of beer for him in the cart, and I loaded it onto the coveyor with everything else. I was rummaging in my purse for my ID as I pushed the cart up to the checkout counter, but the clerk rang up the beer and didn't ask for proof of age. I bought beer! Without getting carded! For the very first time! EVER!

My first thought was, "Oh my god, do I look old?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

I think you have discovered how much you will appreciate your youthfulness even more later.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home