Friday, November 10, 2006

You and the Cap'n Make it Happen... Or not, in my case

I am having an upsetting afternoon. Approximately one hour ago, I sat down at my desk to enjoy a delicious bowl of Cap'n Crunch cereal, which is the only sweet thing I could find in the house. Unfortunately for me, my tastebuds today are not working properly, and my cereal tasted terrible. No, I'm serious. It tasted awful-- so awful I thought the milk had gone bad. Immediately following that sugary burst that comes with the initial crunch of a milk-soaked mouthful was a strong bitter taste, the likes of which I have never experienced from the Cap'n. In fact, the closest flavor I can think of is Bitrex, which my mom used to try to get me to stop biting my nails as a kid.

I checked the expiration date on the milk, and it's still good. Same with the cereal itself. So the only conclusion I can reach is that my tastebuds are broken, which makes me very, very sad. I have an entire half-box of cereal that I am unable to enjoy. Weep for me this day, internets.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sephyroth said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

Broken tastebuds don't sound very friendly. Hopefully they'll right themselves so that the cereal doesn't go to waste. :)

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OR - they changed the recipe of the breakfast cereal - which sounds stupid, but happens all the damn time.

Perhaps your government has added mind control drugs to all the cereals to make sure everybody votes Republican at the presidential elections ?

(and you think I'm joking...) lol

7:24 AM  
Blogger 5penny said...

hope your tastebuds soon recover...
i thought i might pee my pants (from laughing so hard, not because i'm incontinent) the first time i saw your nom d'blog.
still laughing

7:31 AM  
Blogger Her eyes East said...

Are you taking any medications? Sometimes that can do it. I tried Lexapro one time for sleep and for about a week, food and water tasted like I had been chewing on coins, no kidding. I still have 28 of the pills left. If you are taking medications, check and see if that is a side effect...good luck!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Hi! I'm here via NaBloPoMo!

I haven't had Cap'n Crunch in years and years and years!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I'm crying for you. That is just so sad and I hope your taste buds get back to normal soon.

BTW, I found you from the NaBloPoMo list (still working on visiting them all). I enjoyed your site and will be back often.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I just realized the date of your post. I'm hoping your taste buds are back to normal by now. :-)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

Just wondering where you went - and if you have email notification of these comments :)

I'm looking for some feedback on my blog about "blogging", and would value your thoughts - use the link on my name to find your way back to my blog...

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home