Friday, September 22, 2006

Like a Good Neighbor!

I have a neighbor who is pregnant, I think. I mean, I'm pretty sure she is. She's a nice lady and I always say hi when I see her in the complex getting her mail or whatever, and I would like to ask when her baby is due, whether it's a boy or a girl, the standard stuff you ask a pregnant lady, but I have a problem: I don't know for sure if she's pregnant. You see, she is a big woman. She's probably pregnant, but I am terrified of being the insensitive person who says "When are you due?" to the lady who isn't actually pregnant. I feel sort of rude for not striking up a conversation about the baby she is probably going to have soon, but I guess I prefer being that kind of rude than the kind of rude I'd be if I tried to strike up that conversation and found out she's just... round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home